Effective Date: August 27, 2019
1. Collection Of Information
We collect a limited amount of personal information from individuals through your use of our Services, and otherwise with your consent. In some cases, we receive information directly from you, such as your name and email address when you sign up for our Services. In other cases, we receive information through your use of our Services, or from third parties. We collect different types of personal information in the situations described below.
- Registration and Account Information – When you sign up for a Heartex account, we collect name, email address, company name and password. You provide this information to us directly during the account registration process.
- Customer Support – When users of our Services submit support issues when using our Services, we collect email and customer support issue details.
- Customer and Business Partner Information – We collect personal information from individuals working for our customers or business partners, including suppliers, vendors, and other partners. This information includes name, job title, department and organization name, business email, business mailing addresses, and business phone number.
- Third Parties – We collect information about you from certain third party services for marketing purposes. We receive this information from sales intelligence software firms and publicly available resources, such as LinkedIn.
- Marketing Activities – We collect personal information from individuals when we attend events, conferences, and other business meetings. This information includes business contact information, such as name, email address, and phone number.
- Browser and Device Information – We automatically collect information from users of our Services and Site visitors, including unique device identification numbers, operating system version, browser type, pages viewed, links clicked, IP address, date and time of Site visit, and number of times you return to our Site.
We may aggregate and anonymize information received to produce reports on Site activity and statistics. We use Google Analytics and Mixpanel to collect and analyze such information. See the “Your Choices” section below for more information about how to limit Heartex’s collection and use of personal information.
2. Use Of Information
We use collected personal information to:
- Communicate with you – We may contact you to respond to your inquiries, requests, and/or send important notices via email or our live chat service on our Site. This includes, for example, providing you with customer support or informing you about new features and updates to our Services.
- Provide our Services – We use collected information to register, administer, and manage your account, verify your identity, and provide our Services to users. We may also use your information to diagnose and resolve issues with our Site or Services.
- Market our Services – We use your collected information to market our Services, such as to send you email communications about our products and offerings.
- Comply with the law – We use your information as needed to carry out appropriate compliance and/or security checks, such as when we need to enforce our contracts and agreements with our customers or comply with applicable law enforcement obligations.
3. Disclosure Of Information
We disclose your personal information only with selected recipients for specific purposes, including:
- Authorized service providers - We share your information with service providers that help us operate or support the Services, including business analytics, error-reporting, marketing, and data storage and processing.
- Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Purposes – We may share your information as required by law, such as responding to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, investigate fraud, comply with a subpoena, bankruptcy proceedings, or similar legal process.
- Sale, Merger, or Acquisition – In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with the terms in this Policy.
We use reasonable measures to help protect information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. No data storage system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. We review our established policies and procedures to ensure that they are appropriate and effective at meeting our commitment to protecting your personal information. Please note that information collected by third parties may not have the same security protections as information you submit to us, and we are not responsible for protecting the security of such information.
5. Your Choices
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how we use your personal information, so you can make choices about how your data is used. You can notify us of your preferences during the information collection process and change your selection at any time by contacting us directly.
- Marketing emails – You can choose to stop receiving marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Account information –You can contact us at email@example.com to deactivate or delete your Heartex account.
6. Third-party Advertising And Do-not-track
7. Processing for EEA Users
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we collect and process your personal information only where we have legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. The legal basis depends on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your personal information only:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations to you;
- To operate our business, including to improve and develop our services, for fraud prevention purposes, improve user experience, or other legitimate interest; and/or
- As otherwise in compliance with law. If you have any questions about the legal basis for processing, please refer to the “Your Choices” section or contact us at the address listed in the “Still Have Questions” section.
9. Still Have Questions?